- This event has passed.
Beginners’ & Improvers’ Beekeeping Workshop
March 13 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:30pm on Tuesday, repeating until 27th March 2018
This course is for beginners and for those who have some beekeeping knowledge.
- Would you like to be a beekeeper?
- Have you done some research, but still unsure?
- Are you just thinking about it?
- Are you interested in bees and the environment?
What does the course cover?
There are 6 theory sessions covering:
- Basic beekeeping
- Natural history of the colony
- Honeybee health
- Honey and beeswax
- Management and equipment
The course cost of £80 includes:
- All teaching
- Practical sessions at the apiary as arranged.
- Association membership, all benefits and activities.
- The loan of a Bee suit is available for the course.
- Tuesday February 6
- Tuesday February 20
- Tuesday February 27
- Tuesday March 6
- Tuesday March 27
- BBKA Guide to Beekeeping
by Ivor Davis & Roger Cullum Kenyon.
To book a place,
Please email our Secretary, Mary Hunter.